About James J.Fox
We have been trading in fine tobacco and smokers' accessories from 19 St James's Street for over 225 years and our customers have included discriminating smokers from all walks of life – from commoners to kings. Among them have been Sir Winston Churchill, Oscar Wilde, British and Foreign Royalty, the officer's mess of famous British regiments, and the leading lights of the stage, film, sport, tv, radio, music and literature.
James J.Fox - 19 St James's Street
Our world famous tobacco business started with Robert Lewis, who began trading fine tobacco in St James's Street in 1787. James J Fox was formed in Dublin in 1881 and opened its first tobacco shop in London in 1947. Fox acquired the business of Robert Lewis on 14 September 1992, uniting two of the most respected names in the cigar world. Both companies now trade as JJ Fox (St James's) Ltd and run the cigar departments of Harrods and Selfridges. The shop on St James's street is managed by Mr Dirk Seyfried. We are also among the very few shops to be exempt from the smoking ban. It is therefore possible to enjoy your purchase in our shop at St James's Street as a sample with the view to buy more if you wish.
James J.Fox - Harrods
Harrods in London's Knightsbridge is one of the largest department stores in the world and has over one million square feet of selling space in over 330 departments.The store's motto is Omnia Omnibus Ubique - All Things for All People, Everywhere – which includes the world's most famous cigar aficionados.Harrods in Knightsbridge has two exceptional cigar departments: one on the ground floor, and another for especially discerning customers on the lower ground floor.The cigar departments are managed by Mr Paul Bielby, who in 1999 was the first recipient of the Cuban Cigar industry's prestigious annual Silver Chaveta award.
James J.Fox - Selfridges
Selfridges is a world famous chain of department stores in the UK. Its flagship shop, which is a shrine for dedicated shoppers from all over the world in London's Oxford Street is the second largest shop in the UK, after Harrods, and was opened on 15 March 1909. Our department on the lower ground floor opposite customer service is managed by Mr Emil Lasek.